Summary of position:
We are seeking an experienced Software Quality Engineer to manage software quality, testing, reliability, and deployment assurance for the Advanced Rail Technology team in Fort Worth, TX.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the design, development and deployment of world class rail products and services vital to our customer’s needs. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Software Deployment, this role will enable innovative, strategic, and high-tech solutions for the rail industry through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. Work involves independent judgement, decision making, resourcefulness, teamwork, and creativity. Typical software quality efforts are a combination of some or all of the key job elements listed below. Management and leadership is available to provide additional guidance for unusual situations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support overall project quality by understanding software design, requirements, development, and eventual deployment
• Review and implement QA processes to ensure that software products are developed, tested, and prepared for deployment to a broad customer base.
•Work with product teams during the software development process. Incorporate QA checkpoints and test procedures at appropriate intervals during the development cycle.
• Initiate corrective action processes to identify, track, manage, and report quality-related problems, anomalies, violations of standards, or potential problems as identified during the research, development, and production periods. Document defects and corrective actions using a bug-tracking system.
• Participate in the entire testing project life cycle from requirements generation to test executions. Specific activities will include accessing, transporting, storing, and evaluating code.
•Ensure and maintain software tool certifications. Leverage applicable test tools and other required applications in the QA process.
• Establish quality records and metrics to ensure software products conform to internal and customer standards. Develop, maintain, and execute quality control plans.
• Manage traceability between software requirements, test plans, cases, and desired results.
• Identify and implement processes to review, identify, document, measure, and eliminate defects in software products and the software development process.
• Support software configuration management, including: configuration control, build and process management, and environmental control.
• Support internal audits as they relate to quality system elements and software.
• Work with the Director of Operations and the DevOps lead to incorporate QA activities and disciplines into the organizational rhythm. Escalate risks in a timely manner and assist in their timely resolution.
• 3-5 years of experience in a software engineering and technical environment. Additional requirements include:
• Excellent understanding of software project development.
• Computer software and internet use proficiency (specific languages, test cases, V&V) as well as software design and life cycle development experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with software configuration and test management.
• Strong interface skills with software developers, systems engineers, and software testers.
• Ability to support and prioritize multiple, concurrent activities.
• Ability to work independently and to engage with cross-functional teams and business segments.
•Ability to work with remote/distributed teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
|Job Category||Software Engineer|