Summary of position:
Our client is seeking an experienced Software Developer to be embedded within its QA organization. This resource will be tasked with developing comprehensive test-automation solutions to validate frontend web user-interfaces and backend APIs.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Java, with a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. They will also have a knack for writing clean, readable, and maintainable code.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Use Java and/or Groovy to develop, enhance, and maintain code that is designed to verify the quality of Hyatt’s software across all layers (Unit, Service, and UI).
• Help identify gaps in test coverage and develop quality test code to fill such gaps.
• Actively participate in code reviews to ensure that object-oriented design best-practices are followed at all times.
• Proactively work with Product, QA, and Development right from inception through functional validation and launch.
• Assist with issue triaging and root cause analysis.
• Take pride and ownership over the quality of the product being shipped.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum of 4+ years of Java development experience
• Hands on Software Developer with 4-5 years of professional Java development experience.
• Proven skills in utilizing Junit/TestNG for testing.
• Firm understanding of Agile Development (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.)
• Data driven, with strong problem-solving skills with analytical capabilities to be able to support theories/solutions using underlying data.
• Ability to critique work of self and others constructively.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code and stress test it!
• Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver and/or Appium. (Preferred)
• Understanding of CI/CD automation pipelines using Jenkins, and Docker. (Preferred)
• Familiarity with Linux or UNIX operating systems. (Preferred)
|Job Category||Software Engineer|