Summary of position
The Health Innovation Platform (HIP) team at our client company is creating technology solutions focused on fundamentally accelerating the rate of clinical innovation in healthcare. We have already worked with clinicians to redefine platelet and heart failure management processes and are now expanding to new areas. Our team joins forces with clinical leaders to determine how entire patient care workflows can be rebuilt to better gather, analyze and react to patient data. We strongly believe, and are intent on collecting data to prove, that it is possible to deploy algorithmically enhanced care to produce better outcomes and reduce cost while improving patient and clinician experiences.
The projects we undertake are initiated by clinicians across our healthcare system who identify ways in which care delivery could be improved through process change that requires digital interventions. The required functionality often involves bringing together disparate data and applying improved analytics – which in turn requires building highly cross-functional teams combining a wide range of types of expertise. Effectively, they need “apps” to provide the support and leverage required to rebuild legacy pathways, validate their safety and effectiveness and then transition the healthcare system to the reimagined processes. This type of support is expensive to create. The HIP team is focused on addressing this challenge too. The team is creating a platform to simplify the development of evolved IT support in the healthcare setting. Consistent with our values, we will open-source this platform once it is complete. The platform will increase our development speed thereby bringing benefits to patients in need faster and less expensively than would otherwise be possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This team is a relatively small organization where individuals are called upon to wear many hats. As such, responsibilities outside of those described above may be assigned.
• Gather infrastructure requirements for applications and prepare technical specifications.
• Automate ongoing monitoring of systems
• Conduct system integration and workflow analysis and design
• Manage configuration and deployment of infrastructure in support of genetics lab operations and HIP applications
• Conduct root cause analysis across the full technology stack
• Contribute to best practices and continuous learning across the team
• Contribute to design and implementation of overall system architecture
• Assist in maintenance and ongoing support of developed systems
• Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years managing development and production environments
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience interacting with end users, vendors, and technical staff
• Strong understanding of Linux/Unix environments, including administration
• Experience using SQL with Oracle or other RDBMS systems, including administrative functions
• Experience with Java EE, Spring and related technologies
• Comfortable with Eclipse IDE, GIT, Linux, Shell and/or Perl Scripting
• Most importantly, you need to be both really smart and a strong team player
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
|Job Category||DevOps Engineer|